3 Families Displaced By Little Haiti Fire

Three families were without a home Friday after a fire swept through a triplex in Little Haiti, officials said.

The fire was reported just before midnight at the building at 7332 Northwest 2nd Avenue.

When firefighters arrived, they encountered heavy smoke in one of the units and found a fire in a kitchen, Miami Fire Rescue spokesman Capt. Ignatius Carroll said.

All three units were evacuated as the smoke spread, Carroll said. No one was injured.

The six residents of the building were displaced after one unit was gutted by the fire and the other two suffered severe smoke damage.

It appears the fire is accidental and may have started with an electrical issue, Carroll said.

Contact Us