Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos Calderón is visiting the University of Miami Monday, where he was expected to speak to students and faculty.
Santos Calderón was invited to speak by the president of the University of Miami, Donna E. Shalala, the Center for Latin American Studies and the Center for Hemispheric Policy.
The president was expected to speak in Spanish during the private, invitation only event.
Santos Calderón was elected president in 2010 with more than nine million votes.
The event was being held at the University of Miami’s Newman Alumni Center at 9 a.m.
More NBC6.com Stories:
- Neighbor's Discovery Leads to Child Porn Arrest in Florida
- Canine Crowned World's Ugliest Dog in 2007 Dies
- PHOTOS: Rock Stars Then and Now
- Kidnapped Squirrel Returns Home for The Holidays
- PHOTOS: The 2013 National Dog Show
- VIDEO: Miami Gardens Robber Holds Up Gas Station, Drops Loot
- Man Arrested After He Robs Bank, Attempts to Escape on Bus: Police