A worker may have lost several fingers in a chemical explosion at a community pool in Weston, Florida, on Wednesday, officials said.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue officials said the maintenance worker was mixing chemicals to clean the bathroom floors in the poolhouse at 1501 Coronado Road when the explosion occurred.
The worker mixed hydrofluoric acid with chlorine, officials said. The can exploded when pressurized.
Fire rescue teams airlifted the worker as a trauma patient to Broward Health Medical Center, authorities said.
The city of Weston tweeted that hazmat teams were responding, and the victim may have lost fingers.
Air Rescue - injury at community pool 1501 Coronado Rd. HazMat responding. Subj may have lost several fingers in chemical explosion — City of Weston (@CityofWeston) February 17, 2016
No further information was immediately available.
Check back and refresh this page for the latest update. As this story is developing, elements may change.