Five Hospitalized After Kissimmee Hotel Worker Mixes Chemicals

Five people have been taken to a hospital after chemicals were mixed at a hotel near Walt Disney World in Kissimmee.

Osceola County Fire Rescue Deputy Chief Danny McAvoy told local news outlets that a worker at the Park Inn by Radisson in Kissimmee was mixing chlorine and bleach Wednesday morning when the chemicals reacted poorly.

McAvoy says the mixture boiled over and burned the worker's hand. Four other people complained of breathing issues because of the fumes.

The people who were injured have not been identified.

McAvoy says described the chemical grade was stronger than household chlorine but not as strong as the chlorine used in swimming pools.

The building, just south of Disney's Animal Kingdom and is not on Disney property, suffered no structural damage.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us