For the third straight week, drivers in Florida are seeing some relief when it comes to the price at the gas pump.
Gas prices in the state as of Wednesday morning were at an average of $4.51 a gallon, down 11 cents from one week ago and 25 cents from one month ago, AAA reported. The price is still $1.50 more than at this point one year ago.
In Miami, the average price was $4.61 a gallon – down 10 cents from one week ago and 18 cents from one month ago. The lowest price was $4.22 per gallon at the Costco located on W. Flagler Street near Northwest 79th Avenue.
In Fort Lauderdale, the average price was $4.60 a gallon – down 11 cents from one week ago and 20 cents from one month ago. The lowest price was $3.99 per gallon at the Chevron located on 8161 Wiles Road in Coral Springs.
You can save money by using apps like GasBuddy to find the stations with the lowest prices near you. And it lets you sort by fuel type, payment method, gas station brand and more. Here's what to do.
- Download the GasBuddy app, either on Apple's App Store or on Google Play.
- Open GasBuddy and tap "Sign Up."
- Enter your email and zip code
- You'll need to share your location, a feature that can be turned off in your phone settings later on.
- Tap the "find gas" tab on the bottom of your screen.
- You'll be able to pick which fuel type you prefer. GasBuddy lets you filter for regular, midgrade, premium, diesel, UNL88 and E85.
- The app shows a list of stations and their prices from low to high. It also tells you the range of prices. For example, in one Los Angeles area, prices range from $4.99 to $5.99.
- You can filter by payment method, ratings, brands and amenities, like restrooms or stations that are open 24/7.
- Once you settle on a station, you can click on the one you want. That will show you its full address, directions, ratings, reviews and amenities.
- The app will also ask you to report gas prices at the station, so you can help others get accurate information.
Sign up for our Breaking newsletter to get the most urgent news stories in your inbox.