Lake Worth Flower Shop Goes Up in Flames

Flower shop goes up in flames hours after Valentine's Day ends

A Lake Worth flower shop went up in flames just hours after Valentine's Day ended, officials said.

Smoke and flames were spotted coming from A Flower Patch at 3435 South Military Trail around 4:20 a.m. Wednesday, according to WPTV.

Palm Beach County Fire Rescue crews responded and were able to put the fire completely out by 7 a.m.

Fire Rescue officials say the blaze was accidental and had been caused by an electrical panel in the back of the building.

Much of the damage was caused by smoke and heat and was made worse by a rack of spray paint cans that were set off by the fire, officials said.

The building was constructed in 1984 and is owned by Betsy and Todd Hillman. Hillman said he's been in business for 34 years but he's not sure if he'll be able to continue after the fire.

Contact Us