A Fort Lauderdale man accidentally electrocuted himself yesterday while trying to set up an antenna for a pirate radio station in his backyard, police said.
Mackenson Mareus, 27, a resident of Lauderdale Lakes, was in a tree setting up the antenna at his home on the 1100 block of Northwest 18th Ct. around 11:45 a.m. when he unintentionally touched a live electrical power line.
Mareus electrocuted himself and fell from the tree. Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue workers arrived and pronounced him dead at the scene.
Police said Mareus was setting up the antenna to communicate with Haiti.