A landscaper was rushed to the hospital after he was electrocuted while working on Key Biscayne Thursday afternoon.
The 30-year-old man was working outside a home on Hampton Lane when he was electrocuted, Key Biscayne Fire Rescue officials said. He was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center in critical condition.
Neighbors who rushed to help the man said they believe he was holding a metal pole that hit a live wire.
"We just made compressions and we cut his shirt open and continued making compressions and he seems to be unresponsive at this time but we hope he continues to make a speedy recovery," Julian Rojo said.
Officials haven't released the man's name.
Check back with NBC 6 for updates.