Arrest Made in Fatal Shooting of 15-Year-Old in Miami-Dade

An arrest has been made after a 15-year-old was shot and killed in northwest Miami-Dade on Wednesday, police confirmed.

According to a statement from MDPD, the shooting occurred around 11:30 a.m. in the 5300 block of Northwest 27th Place.

Police said there was a disturbance at the residence, and there were four people inside, ranging in age from 12 to 18.

During the disturbance, police said a firearm went off and 15-year-old Jakyri Fleurimar of Hollywood was shot in the chest.

On Wednesday evening, police announced a 14-year-old boy was arrested for his involvement in the shooting. He has been charged with one count of manslaughter with a deadly weapon.

According to relatives, Fleurimar was a star football player and ready to start the school year at Doral Academy. Family and friends said he and his football friends were gathered inside the home, waiting to go to practice when tragedy struck.

"The little boy is who was playing with the gun. They say he took the clip out, took the gun out, put the clip in and shot him," said the victim's aunt, Jasmine Tatum.

According to an arrest report, the gun had been properly secured in a holster in a dresser drawer under clothing. The 14-year-old began handling the gun and had taken the magazine out and was attempting to clear the firearm when it went off and struck Fleurimar in the chest, the report said.

Friends believe this was no accident.

"Accident playing with a gun? No. I mean if you're gonna shoot somebody, you're gonna shoot them, at the end of the day," said the victim's friend, Gabryr Booker.

"They say he was playing around with a gun, but we all know that's not his personality," said the victim's sister, Erika Eutsy.

While police continue to look into what led up to the shooting, Fleurimar's loved ones look back on memories shared with the teen gone too soon.

"Always make you laugh. Room dark, he's gonna make it light. He's just a good all around person," said the victim's friend, Isaiah Martin.

The other three occupants in the home, two males and a female, were transported to the homicide bureau for questioning.

Contact Us