Miami-Dade Firefighters Respond to Kendall Townhome Fire

Firefighters with Miami-Dade Fire Rescue were called to the scene of a townhome fire Wednesday afternoon.

It happened around 2 p.m. in the 11000 block of Southwest 104th Street near 112th Avenue in Kendall.

No injuries were reported.

"There was someone home at the time of the fire who said that it was started because of a piece of machinery that was left unattended inside of his house," said Michelle Fayed with MDFR.

The townhome is located near Miami Dade College. Firefighters knew the serious threat if they couldn't contain it, so they responded with 14 units.

"Which is approximately 45 firefighters who came here to fight this fire and to ensure that it didn't progress into any of the other residents," Fayed said.

Firefighters determined this was an accidental fire.

There's no word on how much damage was caused.

Contact Us