Members of the Spanish Royalty received the key to the city of Miami in a ceremony Monday Morning.
Mayor Tomas Regalado, the Mayor's International Council and Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos A. Gimenez were present at the event that gave Felipe, Prince of Asturias, and his wife Letizia the key to the city.
A Proclamation from Miami-Dade County to the Spanish Royals also took place Monday.
The event was at 10 a.m. at the Mandarin Hotel.
The Prince and Princess of Asturias were part Miami Book Fair International's inaugural ceremony Sunday evening at the Gusman Center for the Performing Arts. The couple is in town representing Spain, the feature country for this year's book fair.
More NBC6.com Stories:
- PHOTOS: Outrageous Black Friday Behavior
- 3 Arrested After Dancing Atop SUV in Busy Intersection
- Man Runs on Arms and Legs to New World Record
- PHOTOS: Rock Stars Then and Now
- Men Steal Dog Mannequin From Mall
- PHOTOS: Famous Mug Shots
- Man Falls Through Glass Ceiling at Hollywood Hotel