The opening of a new ramp that will connect State Road 826 to State Road 836 in northwest Miami-Dade will result in changes for drivers. Drivers Nestor Hernandez and Norma Arcengren and FDOT's Oscar Gonzalez comment
The opening of a new ramp that will connect State Road 826 to State Road 836 in northwest Miami-Dade will result in changes for drivers.
The ramp, which connects northbound 826 to eastbound 836, is expected to open Monday and driver will have to exit one mile sooner to access the ramp, according to the Florida Department of Transportation.
To prepare for the new ramp, several closures will take place beginning Thursday evening through Monday morning.
The closures include:
• Full northbound SR 826 closure
• Full West Flagler ramp closures to/from northbound SR 826
• Full SW 8 Street ramp closures to northbound SR 826
• Closure of existing northbound SR 826 to eastbound SR 836 ramp
• Closure of eastbound SR 836 ramp to NW 72 Avenue
The new ramp is designed to ease traffic by separating exiting drivers from those heading northbound on 826.
More Local Stories: