Homes Next to Seffner Sinkhole to Be Demolished

Homes on either side of Florida house where man died are being demolished

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    TK
    AP
    Engineers work in front of a home where sinkhole opened up underneath a bedroom and swallowed a man Friday, March 1, 2013, in Seffner, Fla. Jeff Bush screamed for help and disappeared as a large sinkhole opened under the bedroom of his house, his brother said Friday. Jeremy Bush told rescue crews he heard a loud crash near midnight Thursday, then heard his brother screaming. There's been no contact with Jeff Bush since then, and neighbors on both sides of the home have been evacuated.

    The homes on either side of the Seffner house where a sinkhole opened under a man's bedroom are being demolished.
     
    Officials say the demolition will take place Wednesday. The homes were condemned April 1, a month after the sinkhole opened under the house next door, killing 37-year-old Jeffrey Bush.

    New Sinkhole in Same Florida Town Where Man Was Killed
     
    The Tampa Bay Times reports that engineering consultants determined that repairing the homes would cost more than 50 percent of their value.
     
    On Wednesday morning, heavy equipment and trucks will return to the neighborhood near Tampa to demolish the homes.

    More Local Stories:

    Expert Talks About Possiblity of Sinkholes in South Florida

    [MI] Expert Talks About Possiblity of Sinkholes in South Florida
    For people living in South Florida, there is good news. University of Miami research scientist Dr. Shimon Wdowinski said residents don't have to worry about sinkholes.