The following content is created in consultation with CarePlus Health Plans, INC.. It does not reflect the work or opinions of NBC Miami's editorial staff. To learn more about CarePlus, visit care-plus-health-plans.com.
The CarePlus’ Medicare Advantage HMO benefit plans let you choose your own Primary Care Provider from an extensive list of physicians. Together, you and your doctor coordinate all of your care. You even have the option to change your Primary Care Provider at any time. Your Primary Care Provider, called a PCP, is your partner in health and will send you to specialists or hospitals when you need specialized care. Individuals are eligible to elect a CarePlus' Medicare Advantage HMO plan if they are entitled to Medicare Part A and enrolled in Part B. Individuals must be entitled to Medicare Part A and Part B benefits as of the effective date of coverage under the plan. You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium. Eligible beneficiaries must use network pharmacies to access their prescription drug benefits. CarePlus only cover drugs filled at an out-of-network pharmacy in limited, non-routine circumstances when a network pharmacy is not available. Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply.
Some of the benefits that CarePlus Medicare Advantage HMO plans can provide you include:
- $0 monthly plan premiums
- Inpatient Hospitalization coverage
- Worldwide coverage for Emergency care
- Prescription drug coverage
- Fitness & exercise classes
- Value added services
You must use plan providers except in emergency or urgent care situations or for out-of-area renal dialysis or other services. You must receive all routine care from plan providers
. If you obtain routine care from an out-of-network provider, neither Medicare nor CarePlus Health Plans, Inc. will be responsible for the costs. Limitations, copayments and restrictions may apply.
Good Reasons to Select CarePlus for Your Coverage
When you choose one of the CarePlus Florida Medicare Advantage HMO benefit plans, you're making a smart investment in your health coverage because:
- You save on prescription drugs and you can plan on predictable costs that are easy to budget for.
- You can choose from an extensive list of Primary Care Providers.
- More than 68,000 people have chosen CarePlus for their health care coverage.*
Our Florida Medicare plans are designed to help you stay healthy, and we’ve developed programs and services that can keep you active. Depending on which benefit plan you choose, CarePlus Medicare Advantage HMO benefit plans can also give you: http://www.care-plus-health-plans.com/programs-services.asp
We give you the choices you want, plus the answers you need
- We specialize in Medicare Advantage HMO plans, and we have more than eleven years of operational experience in Florida. We have always offered a broad choice of benefit plans to meet the different health care needs of our members – that won't change.
- We have always taken an innovative approach, constantly trying to create new and better benefits – that won't change either.
- We have always tried to be a reliable and trusted resource, helping our members make the right choices about their health care – and that will never change.
We know Medicare Advantage HMO plans inside out
With well-known plans like CareOne HMO and CareNeeds PLUS, we are Florida's second largest Medicare Advantage HMO Organization in the state*, only offering Medicare Advantage HMO benefit plans. We focus our efforts entirely in this space and have many years of experience in doing so. You can count on us to help you make the right decisions for your health care needs.
We, too, call Florida home
With more than 68,000** members throughout the state of Florida, we think of our members as our neighbors. We love to know that our kids might go to school with your grandkids; we may work out at the same health club, or shop at the same supermarket. And that sense of a shared community is part of our commitment to you.
The counties in the CarePlus service area are: Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Polk, Lake, Marion, Sumter, Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Brevard, Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee and St. Lucie. With our headquarters located in Doral, we have over 600 employees in Florida, and every year we continue expanding throughout the state. For calendar year 2013, we have added new HMO benefit plans in order to provide our members with better quality of care and services.
Affiliations, Accreditations and Services:
- We are part of a Fortune 100 Company
- Accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC)
- Partner with the Florida Department of Children and Families/Access Florida Community Network, as Assisted Service Site
- Health advocacy programs
- "Be in the Driver's Seat with Diabetes" disease management program through CAC – Florida Medical Centers, an exclusive provider of CarePlus
- Smoking cessation and nutritional counseling services, including in-home meal delivery following hospitalization
- SilverSneakers® Fitness Program – not available on all plans
- Prescription drug savings and 30/90-day medication orders through our in network mail order pharmacy (PrescribeIT Rx)
* July/2011, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) MA Medicare Membership Report
**Medicare Advantage Current Membership Report-EDW (07/21/2011)
The benefit information provided herein is a brief summary, not a comprehensive description of benefits. For more information contact the plan. Benefits may change on January 1 of each