A total of 32 people were taken to hospitals, nearly all with minor injuries, after a tow truck crashed into a Broward County Transit bus Thursday in Pompano Beach, officials said.
All 26 passengers who were on the bus had minor injuries. One person involved in the crash had a moderately serious injury, Pompano Beach city spokeswoman Sandra King said in an email.
The crash happened at about 3:45 p.m. at 1400 W. Sample Road when the truck crashed into the rear of the bus, which was stopped on the corner of Sample and 14th Avenue, Broward County Transit said.
The injured included both drivers, according to King. Patients were taken to four different hospitals.
The bus has since been towed away.
More Stories and Photos on NBC6.com:
- Sprinkled Ashes Led to Florida Mall Evacuation: Authorities
- PHOTOS: The Craziest Food Heists
- Man Sets Himself on Fire While Decorating for Halloween
- PHOTOS: World's Costliest Heists
- Thief Makes Off With Trailer, $50K in Energy Drinks
- PHOTOS: Unbelievable Animal Stories