Casey Anthony Civil Case To Go To Trial Early in 2013

Judge Lisa Munyon released her ruling Thursday

Thursday, Apr 12, 2012  |  Updated 10:40 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Reactions to Casey Anthony's Sentence

NBC Local Media

Casey Anthony in an image from the release of her video blog.

Photos and Videos

Reactions to Casey Anthony's Sentence

The infamous Orlando mom has been acquitted of murder charges and will be out of jail next week. A legal expert talks about the verdict and the sentence in the trial that grabbed the nation's attention.
More Photos and Videos

A Florida judge says a defamation lawsuit filed against Casey Anthony can go to trial early next year.

Judge Lisa Munyon released her ruling Thursday. Zenaida (zen-I'-da) Fernandez-Gonzalez claims she was damaged by Anthony telling detectives that a baby sitter by the same name kidnapped Anthony's 2-year-old daughter Caylee.

The detectives were investigating the 2008 disappearance of the girl, who later was found dead. Last year, Anthony was acquitted of Caylee's murder.

Anthony's attorney said details offered by Anthony did not match Fernandez-Gonzalez and clearly showed Anthony wasn't talking about her. Gonzalez's attorneys say she still was damaged as the only person with that name interviewed by investigators.

Fernandez-Gonzalez had never met Anthony. Investigators believe Anthony may have seen the name on an apartment rental application.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get Our New iPad App
Now optimized for iPad, NBC 6... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out