A prominent South Florida chef has been arrested in a hit-and-run that killed a pedestrian last year.
Jonathan Eismann, 52, was taken into custody Saturday night on charges of vehicular homicide and $16,000 in property damage for the October 2012 crash.
Police said Eismann, driving a Ford Explorer, crashed into a Nissan Sentra at the intersection of 1st Terrace and Northwest 72nd Avenue on October 10th. Eismann attempted to flee from the scene, but lost control and hit pedestrian Juan Carlos Ruiz, 29, according to investigators.
Ruiz was pronounced dead at the scene.
Jail records show Eismann is no longer in custody. It is unclear what his bond was set to.
Father Bernard Eismann said the family declined to comment on the situation.
Stay with NBC6.com and NBC 6 South Florida for updates.
More Local Stories: