Worker Electrocuted While Trimming Trees

The hired worker was about 10 feet in the air when he came into contact with a powerline, which was mixed in with the tree branches.

By Lisa Orkin Emmanuel
|  Friday, Nov 16, 2012  |  Updated 3:38 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Oddest Weird News of 2011

The man was electrocuted while trimming trees, fire rescue said.

advertisement
Photos and Videos
More Photos and Videos

A man hired to do tree trimming in a Hollywood neighborhood was electrocuted Friday afternoon, Fire Rescue said.

The hired worker was about 10 feet in the air when he came into contact with a power line, which was mixed in with the tree branches.

He was shocked and died, authorities said. The man was in his 50s.

The incident occurred at 2813 Dewey Street.

More local stories

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get Our New iPad App
Now optimized for iPad, NBC 6... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out