Trial has been delayed until January for an Alaska man charged with killing five people and wounding six in a mass shooting at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
A federal judge on Friday set a Jan. 22 trial date for 27-year-old Esteban Santiago of Anchorage, who had been set for an October trial.
More time is needed for the Justice Department to decide whether to seek the death penalty.
Santiago pleaded not guilty to a 22-count indictment in the Jan. 6 shooting at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. Santiago has been diagnosed as schizophrenic but his lawyers say he is competent for trial.
After the shooting, the FBI says Santiago told agents he acted under government mind control, then claimed inspiration by the Islamic State extremist group. No terrorism links have been found.