Fort Lauderdale

Fire Reported at Hilton in Fort Lauderdale

Crews in Fort Lauderdale responded to a hotel fire Wednesday evening.

It happened at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort located at 505 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard around 5:30 p.m.

Hilton officials said the fire started in the pizza oven of the property's Le Marche eatery. Fire officials were contacted and quickly had the fire extinguished.

The fire started as a result of a rubber belt in the pizza oven's exhaust fan, which caught fire inadvertently when the housing of the fan came off, according to officials.

The first floor of the property was temporarily evacuated and guests were allowed to return to the hotel after the fire department confirmed the fire had been contained.

No injuries were reported.

Contact Us