Hialeah police announced that they will launch “Operation Blue Blanket,” an initiative to keep people safer during the holidays.
As part of the operation, 25 extra police officers will be on duty during the holiday season. It will include patrol officers, K-9 officers, community response teams, motorcycle officers, bike patrol officers and undercover officers, Hialeah Police said.
The safety campaign will begin earlier this year and it will be implemented seven days a week into the New Year’s holiday.
The extra officers will be mainly concentrated in shopping and residential areas, police said.
More NBC6.com Stories:
- PHOTOS: Rock Stars Then and Now
- Worm in Wendy's BLT Salad Forced South Florida Woman To Go to Hospital, She Says
- Thieves Take $500,000 Worth of Energy Drinks
- Police Identify Man Who Fell to Death at Hollywood Hotel
- PHOTOS: Outrageous Black Friday Behavior
- 3 Arrested After Dancing Atop SUV in Busy Intersection
- Man Runs on Arms and Legs to New World Record
- Men Steal Dog Mannequin From Mall