Head of South Florida ICE Released on Bond in Child Porn Case

Anthony Mangione was granted bond on Monday

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    The head of Immigration and Customs in South Florida was granted bond on child porn charges and released from custody on Monday.

    The head of Immigration and Customs in South Florida, who faces child pornography charges, was granted bond and released from custody on Monday, according to the U.S. Marshals Service.

    Anthony Victor Mangione, 50, was granted $75,000 and will have a curfew from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., along with electronic monitoring, authorities said. 

    ICE Child Porn Arrest

    [MI] ICE Child Porn Arrest
    Anthony Victor Mangione faces charges.

    He will be limited to one computer with Internet access in his home, and it will be monitored, The U.S. Justice Department said. No firearms will be allowed in the home.
    Mangione's attorney didn't immediately return calls seeking comment.

    Mangione was charged with transportation of child pornography, receipt of child pornography and possession of child pornography.  He pleaded not guilty to the charges. He faces a maximum of 50 years behind bars.

    In April, FBI agents searched the Parkland home and west Miami-Dade office of Mangione and say they found child pornography images on his computer.

    According to an indictment, Mangione received and possessed images of a minor engaged in sexually explicit conduct between March and September of 2010.

    Mangione, who has been in charge of ICE's regional office since 2007, was put on paid administrative leave following the April search. 

    Investigators previously said the search was based on an alert from America Online, where Mangione had an e-mail account.  

    He was arrested in September. Mangione had been planning on retiring this summer after 27 years at ICE and it's predecessor, the U.S. Customs Service.