The public is invited to attend a meeting held by state wildlife officials in Weston.
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission will meet Wednesday and Thursday. Residents can also speak at the event.
The meeting's agenda includes staff reports on Everglades restoration, a proposed commission work plan for the next fiscal year, proposed freshwater fishing
and hunting rule changes, a proposal to establish localized deer management units and a review of Biscayne National Park Management Plans.
Also being addressed during the two-day meeting are draft rules on sea cucumbers and swordfish, as well as updates from the Atlantic and Gulf fishery council.
More NBC 6 South Florida Stories:
- Couple Beat Up Security Guard, Man Tasered Him: BSO
- Florida Congressman Charged With Cocaine Possession
- Thieves Take $500,000 Worth of Energy Drinks
- PHOTOS: Outrageous Black Friday Behavior
- 3 Arrested After Dancing Atop SUV in Busy Intersection
- Man Runs on Arms and Legs to New World Record