Here are the latest headlines for Monday, Sept. 9:
1. A husband killed his wife and attempted to kill himself at their home in Northwest Miami-Dade, according to police. Officers say they responded to a shooting at the home when two men approached them and informed of two children remained inside.
2. An off-duty police officer was rushed to the hospital after being struck by a stray bullet. According to Miami-Dade Police, the officer was at a party located in Ranch Believe in southwest Miami-Dade when a bullet "brushed" his arm.
3. The Hialeah Housing Authority is accepting applications for its public housing waitlist. The applications will be open from Monday until Friday. Applicants must meet numerous requirements. For more information, click here.
4. The Food and Drug Administration is warning pet owners not to feed their dogs Performance Dog frozen raw pet food purchased after July 22, 2019, after a sample tested positive for Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes.
5. We're kicking off College Week at NBC 6 by showcasing some of the colleges in South Florida through Friday. We're heading to Broward College on Monday!
6. Monday morning will begin with breezy and warm conditions along with possible passing showers. High Tide conditions will occur at about 10 a.m. near Miami Harbor and possibly other susceptible areas. Check Today's Forecast.