It's Monday, July 8. Here are the top stories in South Florida.
It will be a partly cloudy, mainly dry Monday morning but thunderstorms expected to develop in the afternoon. Today's Forecast.
1. Cars, buildings and nearby homes were all impacted by an explosion at a Plantation shopping center that took place Saturday morning.
Many property owners returned to the shopping center on Sunday to assess the damage.
Throughout the day, Plantation Police have escorted property and car owners past the caution tape to see the damage up close.
2. A young girl died Sunday after falling from a Royal Caribbean cruise ship docked in Puerto Rico, officials confirmed.
Telemundo Puerto Rico reports the 1-and-a-half-year-old girl was being held by her grandfather when she slipped out of his arms and plunged from the 11th floor of the Freedom of the Seas ship to the concrete on the Pan American dock II in San Juan.
3. Amazon will now allow customers to make returns at the national Kolh's chain. The companies announced they will pack and ship for free. For more information, click here.
4. Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein was expected to appear in Manhattan federal court on Monday on sex trafficking charges, sources tell NBC 4 New York.
The politically connected Florida financier was arrested Saturday as he returned from Europe, the sources said. He's accused of sexually assaulting teenage girls as young as 14 years old.
5. Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood looking to fill over 600 positions in a job fair.
The job fair continues through Monday and Tuesday. Check-in for the open call job fair on Monday will be from 4 p.m. until 6 p.m. On Tuesday, check-in will be from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
6. American tennis phenom Coco Gauff will continue her star turn at Wimbledon after defeating No. 60-ranked Polona Hercog on Friday in a dramatic match. She will play against Romania's Simona Halep on Monday at 9:25 a.m. ET.