Drivers across the state of Florida are getting some relief at the gas pump with prices continuing to go down.
AAA reports the average price for a gallon of gas is $4.25, down 16 cents from last week and 58 cents from one month ago. It is still over $1.25 higher than at this point last year.
In Miami, the average price per gallon is $4.35 - down 17 cents from last week and 52 cents from one month ago. The cheapest gallon is at the Marathon station located at 790 Northwest 167th Street for $3.96 a gallon.
In Fort Lauderdale, the average price per gallon is $4.36 - down 15 cents from last week and 52 cents from one month ago. The cheapest gallon is at the Shell station located at 817 South Federal Highway for $3.89 a gallon.
Get South Florida local news, weather forecasts and entertainment stories to your inbox. Sign up for NBC South Florida newsletters.
You can save money by using apps like GasBuddy to find the stations with the lowest prices near you. And it lets you sort by fuel type, payment method, gas station brand and more. Here's what to do.
- Download the GasBuddy app, either on Apple's App Store or on Google Play.
- Open GasBuddy and tap "Sign Up."
- Enter your email and zip code
- You'll need to share your location, a feature that can be turned off in your phone settings later on.
- Tap the "find gas" tab on the bottom of your screen.
- You'll be able to pick which fuel type you prefer. GasBuddy lets you filter for regular, midgrade, premium, diesel, UNL88 and E85.
- The app shows a list of stations and their prices from low to high. It also tells you the range of prices. For example, in one Los Angeles area, prices range from $4.99 to $5.99.
- You can filter by payment method, ratings, brands and amenities, like restrooms or stations that are open 24/7.
- Once you settle on a station, you can click on the one you want. That will show you its full address, directions, ratings, reviews and amenities.
- The app will also ask you to report gas prices at the station, so you can help others get accurate information.