What to Know
- Authorities released new surveillance footage of the suspects in the Sunday morning shooting outside a Miami-Dade County banquet hall that left two people dead and more than 20 others injured
- The brief video clip shows the three suspects who police say opened fire on a crowd outside El Mula banquet hall
- Police said they found the vehicle the suspects used in the shooting submerged in a canal Monday, and said it had been reported stolen 2 weeks ago
Authorities released new surveillance footage of the suspects in the Sunday morning shooting outside a Miami-Dade County banquet hall that left two people dead and more than 20 others injured.
The brief video clip shows the three suspects who police say opened fire on a crowd outside El Mula banquet hall at 7630 Northwest 186th Street.
MORE ON THE BANQUET HALL SHOOTING
Get South Florida local news, weather forecasts and entertainment stories to your inbox. Sign up for NBC South Florida newsletters.
The trio is seen getting out of a white Nissan Pathfinder armed and wearing masks, then getting back in the SUV and fleeing the scene.
Later Monday, police confirmed that the Pathfinder was discovered submerged in a canal in the area of 154th Street and Northwest 2nd Avenue. The vehicle had been reported stolen on May 15.
The banquet hall had been hosting a release party for a local rap artist when gunfire erupted around 12:30 a.m.
Miami-Dade Police officials in South Florida said several people were standing outside when the gunmen began shooting indiscriminately into the crowd.
Several groups who were in the parking lot were armed and began shooting back at the gunmen as they fled the scene, police said.
Two 26-year-old men were killed at the scene. Police haven't released their identities, but one man said his son, Clayton Dillard III, was killed in the shooting.
Twenty-one other people were shot, eight of whom were transported to hospitals from the scene and the rest drove themselves to the hospital, police said.
Three of those victims – a 21-year-old man, a 25-year-old man, and a 31-year-old woman – remained in critical condition Monday.
Of the other victims, three had been released from the hospital as of Monday morning, including a 17-year-old who had been shot in the leg, police said.
Rodney Thomas said his 27-year-old daughter, Kadedra Thomas, was shot multiple times in the back but was expected to survive.
"I'm angry, I'm hurt, I'm relieved, I'm disappointed with the Black community, with our young people nowadays, how they just don't value life," Thomas said.
Officials on Monday said the shooting resulted from an ongoing rivalry between two different groups, and said the intended target most likely was outside the hall at the time of the shooting.
No arrests have been made, but police said they are still receiving tips.
Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers and the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms are offering a $30,000 reward in the case, and businessman Marcus Lemonis is offering a separate $100,000 reward.
"We will do everything, everything we can and use every resource available to bring these people to justice. We will leave no stone unturned, we will leave nothing behind to bring these shooters to justice," Miami-Dade Mayor Daniella Levine Cava said at a news conference Monday morning. "We need your help, we need information, we need you to come forward if you have information."
The shooting came about a day after a drive-by shooting in Wynwood that left one person dead and six others injured.