Police have arrested 23-year-old Athanael J. Louis in connection with a shooting at a North Miami apartment building that left a 16-year-old dead.
Barner Jean Pierre, 16, died on the scene, police said. Another unidentified juvenile was taken to Jackson Ryder Trauma Center in serious, but stable condition.
The shooting happened Friday shortly before 8 p.m. at 14895 NE 18th Ave., according to North Miami Police.
Louis was charged with first-degree murder and attempted murder. It is unclear whether he has an attorney.
Stay with NBC6.com for updates on this developing story.
More on NBC6.com:
- Substitute Teacher Arrested for Sex Acts With Young Boy
- WATCH: Grandmother Goes Skydiving for 90th Birthday
- Unusually Quiet 2013 Atlantic Hurricane Season Ends
- MLS Franchise in Miami Could be Announced by New Year's
- PHOTOS: Rock Stars Then and Now
- Kidnapped Squirrel Returns Home for the Holidays
- Man Robs Bank, Changes Clothes, Waits at Bus Stop: Deputies
- WATCH: Deer Bursts Through Shop Window
- PHOTOS: Outrageous Black Friday Behavior
- Family: We Tipped Server, Didn't Pen Anti-Gay Note