A South Florida baby who was burned by hot oil last week is recovering from reconstructive surgery at Kendall Regional Medical Center.
One-year-old Salome suffered first degree burns to her face and second degree burns on her hands after her mother accidently dropped hot cooking oil on her.
The child’s treatment consisted of placing synthetic skin over her face and arms after the burned area was cleaned off. Glue was initially used to hold it in place, according to Dr. Carlos Medina.
Even the doctors were impressed with the results because they say hot oil burns the deepest.